VividCon will be held in Chicago, Illinois, at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott, just five minutes from O’Hare airport.
8101 W. Higgins Road
Chicago, IL 60631
Room rates this year are again $126 for a King and $138 for a Double room. All rooms are suites.
Please note that the last day to reserve a hotel room at the rates quoted above will be July 11th, which is about a month in advance of the con. That is the last date that the hotel has guaranteed to make these rates available to us. If you find that either room type becomes unavailable in advance of that date, please email us asap at email@example.com and we’ll inquire about adding additional rooms to our room block.
If you prefer to reserve your room by telephone, the hotel’s direct number is 1-773-867-0000. U.S. callers can also use the Marriott chain’s toll free number: 1-888-236-2427. Be sure to let them know that you are with the VividCon group and reference the King and Dbl room rates above.
International attendees, here’s a link to Marriott’s page listing Worldwide Telephone Reservation numbers (toll free for calls originating from dozens of countries around the world).
Please keep the number of roommates to four or fewer: the hotel has fire code issues, and we need to meet room block requirements to keep the cost of our meeting space down!
The amazing list of amenities:
- all rooms are suites (separate living & sleeping areas)
- as of January 2011, brand-new 37″ flat-screen LCD televisions have been installed in every room; the new TVs are compatible with many electronics and computers.
- kitchenette with fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in each room
- free wireless internet access throughout the hotel; wired ethernet connection in every room (to be on the safe side, bring your own cable)
- free shuttle service to and from O’Hare airport
- free continental breakfast buffet
- indoor pool and fitness center
- office center in the hotel (fax, copy machine, Internet access, etc.)
- sundries shop in the hotel (snacks, shampoo, etc.)
- meeting space centrally located in same tower as all sleeping rooms; no long treks to and from con-space.
- Outback Steakhouse in the hotel (House O’ Meat! House O’ Meat!)
- nearby inexpensive restaurants that deliver to the hotel; menus are available
- complimentary on-site parking